Well, 2017, we’re certainly in the full swing if you, aren’t we?
It’s been more than a month since I’ve written. That’s the longest hiatus I’ve gone on since I started this thing a few years ago.
Recently, someone (hi, Jenae!) asked me what my writing goals were when I began this blog. Honestly– I didn’t have any. The only thing I wanted to do was have a space to write and to try and get myself to write at least once a week. As someone who had been blogging off-and-on for years, I honestly just wanted to document what happened in my life as a way to look back.
Eventually, this site has become so many things. It’s been a place to share my educational practice, my critical analyses of the world, and even to heal. It’s been where I’ve expressed joy and sorrow. It led me to new writing and job opportunities.
I’ve written nearly weekly for a few years until the most recent election. For the past few months I have felt, honestly, just quiet. I haven’t wanted to write anyway. I’ve been living either in the real world or in my head, and I just want to keep my head above water at this point.
In that spirit (and in the spirit of writing in general), here’s some stuff going on in my life, just to, ya know, document:
- I finally started Brazillian Jiu Jitsu. And I love it. A lot. Like going a few times a week and I finally bought my own Gi a lot.
- I haven’t been running as much. The longest run I’ve done since January has been a five-miler. I’ve been doing a lot of Crossfit, Yoga, and BJJ. I’m, oddly, smaller than I’ve been in months. I think I’m just burnt out on running.
- Speaking of Yoga, I have started teaching Yoga at The Mango Tree Fitness Center twice a week, which has been awesome and life-changing. I also help teach at Crossfit Kaneohe, which is the melding of two loves.
- Speaking of teaching, I am still teaching the babies and hope to be doing that for a bit longer at least.
- I am still trying to figure out who I am and what I want with my life. It is very tiring. I’m tired all the time.
Anyway. That’s life right now. Hopefully I’ll have something better for the world soon.