Hi! I’m Christina. I’m an English teacher in Honolulu. I also like running, fitness, acting, and yoga. I write about race relations, culture, education, or fitness for the most part.
I’ve been lucky enough to write for some other fabulous sites, like ASCD, Teaching Tolerance, Honolulu Civil Beat, and PRX’s OnBeing. I was also a blogger for EdWeek Teacher for 4 years.
- English Teacher at Punahou School.
- Mexipina (Mexicana-Filipina)
- SoCal born and bred, now calling O‘ahu home
- Likes most fitness things (yoga, CrossFit), but mostly endurance running.
- Actress represented by Kathy Muller.
- Interests: motherhood, education, running, reading, storytelling, yoga, AAPI/Latinx issues and identity, cheeseburgers, memes, good puns, social media.
- Resume // CV
Fellowships and Projects
- NEH “Re-Enchanting Nature” Seminar, Summer 2017
- NEA Teacher Leadership Initiative, 2014-2015
- Hope Street Group Hawai‘i Fellowship, 2015-2017
- Teach For America Education 4 Justice Cohort Leader, (2015-2016)
- Educolor Movement Collective Member
Research, Education, Certifications
- Yoga (RYT 200 Certified, Core Power Yoga)
- Hawai‘i Secondary English Credential
- USC 2009: BA English, BA Theatre
- LMU 2011: MA-Ed, focus on Digital Education
- Teach For America, LA 2009
- Undergraduate Research: Queer Lit love stories
- Masters Research: Coming Out process via comic books
3 thoughts on “About Me”
Hello Cristina, in my case by.coincidence i am an English Teacher.and also marathon runner
I live un tje city of Juarez and alzó liked your blog.
gracias por su nota!